There are a tremendous amount of relationship myths floating around out there. Thanks to television, books and movies many folks have completely unrealistic and totally unfathomable expectations when it comes to relationships. It is time to put the relationship myths to rest and get to the truth.
Let’s go through some of the most popular relationship myths one by one:
- People in healthy strong relationships never fight. This is simply not true. People in healthy strong relationships know how to fight or argue without allowing the fight to escalate and get out of control. They know how to stop an argument from getting out of hand and doing damage. They do not sweat the small stuff and never let a fight go on and on. They know how to apologize in a sincere and timely manner.
- If he or she loves me they should know what to do and not to do. Wrong! People are not mind readers and it is unfair to make them guess. Besides you get mad when they get it wrong. If you love THEM then you will not be afraid to let them know what to do and what not to do. You also wouldn’t play games with them by making them guess. No one can live up to the standard of “mind reader” without disappointing you. What you want is unrealistic.
- People that are really in love don’t want or need to spend time apart. Again, this is not true. Being tied to each others hip may work for some couples, but just because other couples find time apart healthy and stimulating (and aren’t insecure about being apart) doesn’t mean they aren’t in love and that their relationship isn’t strong. You are still individual people. You do not have to sacrifice everything for the ‘team’.
- Love conquers all. No it doesn’t. If the one you love has an addiction, their love for you won’t overcome it. They need to get help for themselves, not for you.
- Once a cheater, always a cheater. Not necessarily. People can change their ways, but by the same token, some don’t. Some men and women may cheat because they really didn’t take their relationship seriously or were on their way out. Would they cheat in every relationship? Maybe yes, maybe no. Of course you should be smart about this. If you have been cheated on by someone 7 times already it’s a safe bet that they will be making it 8 shortly. But, if you found out they cheated on a girlfriend in high school that doesn’t mean they will cheat on YOU.
Some of the disappointment and unhappiness in your relationship can be because you have unrealistic expectations. You may not have found “the one” because the relationship myths you believe make it impossible for “the one” to exist. Let us help you get rid of these myths once and for all. You don’t have to lower your standards, we don’t believe anyone should! What you do need to do is to create standards that are realistic, and not get disappointed or insecure for the wrong reasons. Sarah and Sophia are top notch twin flame psychics and soul mate psychics who can help you break old patterns, see things in a new way, and help you to find not the man or woman of your dreams, but the man or woman of your reality!