There are a tremendous amount of soulmate and twin flame relationship myths floating around out there. Thanks to television, books and movies many folks have completely unrealistic expectations when it comes to these relationships. It is time to put the relationship myths to rest and get to the truth. Here are some
Popular twin flame and soulmate relationship myths:
- People in a soulmate or twin flame relationships never fight. This is simply not true. People in healthy relationships know how to fight or argue without allowing the fight to escalate and get out of control. These couples know how to stop an argument from getting out of hand and doing damage. They do not sweat the small stuff and never let a fight go on and on. They know how to apologize in a sincere and timely manner. Not all soulmate or twin flame relationships are healthy. Soul mates and twin flames can and will fight like any other couple.
- My soulmate or twin flame should know what to do and not to do. Wrong! People are not mind readers and it is unfair to make them guess. You should not be afraid to let them know what to do and what not to do. You also shouldn’t play games with them by making them guess. No one can live up to the standard of “mind reader” without disappointing you. What you want is unrealistic.
- True soulmates and twin flames don’t want or need to spend time apart. Again, this is not true. Being tied to each others hip may work for some couples, but just because other couples find time apart healthy and stimulating. They are not afraid to be apart. This doesn’t mean they aren’t soulmates or twin flames. You are still individual people. You do not have to sacrifice everything for the ‘team’.
- Love and having a connection conquers all. No it doesn’t. If the one you love has an addiction, their love for you won’t overcome it. They need to get help. Your connection won’t fix the bad relationship dynamics and behaviors you both created in your relationship. No magic wand will save you. You both have to put in some work to fix your own problems.
- Once a cheater, always a cheater, even a soulmate or twin flame. Not necessarily. People can change their ways, but by the same token, some don’t. Some men and women may cheat because they really didn’t take their relationship seriously or were on their way out. Would they cheat in every relationship? Maybe yes, maybe no. Of course you should be smart about this. If you have been cheated on by someone 7 times already it’s a safe bet that they will be making it 8 shortly. But, if you found out they cheated on a girlfriend in high school that doesn’t mean they will cheat on YOU. People can change. Especially for a soulmate or twin flame.
Some of the disappointment and unhappiness with your soulmate or twinflame can be because you have unrealistic expectations. You may not have found “the one” because what you believe makes it impossible for “the one” to exist. Soulmates and twin flames are human, just like the rest of us.